.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

11 May 2012

Military Spouse Appreciation Day Blog Hop

I'm participating in this year's Military Spouse Appreciation Day Blog Hop hosted by Riding the Roller Coaster and Household 6 Diva.  So, here I go...



Hello, I'm Becky!  I'm a twenty-something wife to E, an Officer in the U.S. Army.  I'm also the mama to Joseph, a precious and amazingly happy 14-month old boy.  I don't know what I ever did to deserve such a good baby!  I spend most of my time worrying about something (there's probably a pill for that); my poor husband deserves a medal for putting up with me.  I'm quiet, quirky, and sometimes, downright awkward.  I love reading, crafts, and am addicted to Pinterest


As an Army wife, I really don't feel like I do anything special.  I always say that I fell and love and married a guy who just happened to be in the Army.  In November 2010, I had the honor of attending the FORSCOM FRG Leader Conference in Washington D.C., with a bunch of other spouses/ FRG Leaders from Ft. Hood.  This trip also included tours, and I chose the National Mall.  While on the tour (we were forced to wear these awful tshirts) a woman (knowing I was an Army wife from the said shirt), grabbed me by the shoulders and said "thank you" to me.  I was pregnant at the time, E was at NTC, and I was scared that I'd be giving birth to our child without my husband there with me.  I was so shocked that I couldn't even respond to the lady;  I wish I'd have at least thanked her...    

Although being an Army wife is totally worth all of the hardships (having my husband deploy eight days after our son was born to name just one example, eek!), it is nice to know that we are appreciated.  It means so much to me to hear my husband say how proud he is of me for getting through the deployment by myself with a brand new baby.  It all goes back to the guy who made me an Army Wife, though.  I am so proud to be his wife, and I have to say, I wouldn't live this life for anyone else!  As a matter of fact, there have been many times where I'd break down during the deployment and cry and then tell him it was all his fault because he made me love him so much.  Then I'd call him a jackass and would feel better about the situation (it's totally a term of endearment, y'all).

Even though I'm pretending to be humble, I totally yelled out "It's Military Spouse Appreciation Day!" when I told E that I didn't want to cook dinner and that he needed to order a pizza.  Ha!  Happy Military Spouse Appreciation Day to me!  And to you, too!

They also serve who only stand and wait.  -John Milton



My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

5 comments:

  1. stopping from the blog hop :) We are at Ft. Hood too! nice to "meet" you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm addicted to Pinterest, too! And I totally laughed when I read that you yelled, "It's Military Spouse Appreciation Day"! Did y'all get the pizza? :)

    Hope you had a lovely MSA & Mother's Day! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by...happy milspouse day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi! I'm here from the blog hop. I'm addicted to Pinterest also. Haha I said I didn't want to cook dinner on Milspouse appreciation day either and we had pizza (although we're in Germany and can't have it delivered so we picked up a DiGiorno from the commissary).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I am a little late from the BlogHop but I wanted to say that you have a beautiful family! It was nice to meet you! So Happy belated military spouse appreciation day and Mother's Day!!!! Amanda

    mickandmackarmyadventures.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete