.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

29 April 2011

MilSpouse Friday Fill-In

I'm participating in this week's MilSpouse Friday Fill-In hosted by Wife of a Sailor.


Here are my answers :)
1.Have you and your spouse agreed to live in separate locations (a geographical bachelor tour) knowing that the short-term inconvenience would have long-term benefits for your family? How did it work for you? submitted by When Good People Get Together
E and I have never had to make this decision and I think I'd be okay with it if it was only for a short period of time. I would never choose to be without him if it wasn't absolutely necessary, though. It's important to us that our family is together as much as possible.
2.What is your favorite thing about being a MilSpouse? submitted by Sarah Ruth Today
Besides the sense of pride I get from my husband's service to our country, I have to say my favorite thing is having a hot guy in uniform come home to me every evening, ha! He is just soooo good lookin'! I also love the military community and am blessed to be surrounded by such wonderful people at the moment.
3.If you could still have your spouse/significant other and your family, but take the military life out of it…would you? submitted by Trust. Love. Believe. Bake.
I love being an Army Wife, so I'd have to say no.
4.What have your homecoming experiences been like after a year long tour of separation? submitted by Army Soldier, Army Wife
I have had two homecoming experiences, one when my Dad deployed and the second with E. My Dad deployed for 15 months with the Ohio ANG and his homecoming was magical! The town was absolutely covered in yellow ribbons and the streets were just lined with people waving flags! It was amazing knowing that so many people cared. I'm wanting to cry just thinking about it. E's was also very special-- I drove down for Ohio to Ft. Stewart with most of my belongings packed up in my little car. The night I drove on post, I had no idea where I was going and was so scared I was lost out in the boonies of Georgia. I made it on post, though, without getting lost, got parked and made it to the parade field. I didn't think to sit with the other families in the Company and I didn't even see them, so it took him extra long to find me haha! I'll never forget catching that first sight of him after 11 looong months (he deployed for 14, got the second earliest leave, so we ended up not seeing eachother for 11 months after that-- it was hard!). I swear, he had a beautiful glow around him and was so handsome! I'll never forget those precious first moments with him! There isn't a day that passes now where I don't think of his next homecoming :) I'm going to spend the rest of the time planning on how to perfectly decorate the house, car, and finding the perfect outfit for Joseph and myself :)
5.If you have a child(ren) why you chose their name(s)? If not, why you would name your child something? submitted by Tiara’s & ACU’s
E chose to name our son Joseph William after his grandfathers. I've always loved the name William and when I read what the name Joseph meant (Hebrew-- God will increase), I fell in love with it, too. Joseph is my little blessing and God has definitely increased the joy in our lives with him! I'm convinced that our next little one will be a boy as well and I would love to name him Jacob. :) There's no particular reason, but I do love Biblical names, names that aren't too trendy (I don't want my children having names that every other kid will have), and names that actually mean something. I think Joseph and Jacob are good, strong names for sweet little boys :)


My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

No comments:

Post a Comment