.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

21 November 2010

During the past month I have:

- found out that I have gestational diabetes. However, I am extrememly borderline and I'm having no problem controlling it by making minor tweaks to my diet.

- attended the FORSCOM FRG Symposium in Washington D.C., learned so much, and had a blast! I only wish my handsome soldier could have been there with me...

- said "see ya later" to my husband for a month.

- spent only a week in Texas, during which we found out that we are having a

BOY!

It looks like Joseph William will be joining us soon :)

- went to visit my friends and family in Ohio, where I had my lovely baby shower :)

The theme (which we will be using for Joey's room also) was baby blue and brown with monkies.

- came back to TX where an amazingly handsome soldier met me at the airport.

Yes, I am talking about my husband, ha!

- bought Joey's mattress and crib set, made E go to Babies R Us (one can imagine his delight), and bought our very first Christmas tree!

- Have been an awful blogger, but I will be better soon, I promise!

This week I will be decorating said tree, cooking Thanksgiving dinner for some of E's soldiers and their families, and will get Joey's crib put together :)

I will blog more later!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

7 comments:

  1. I'm glad you got to have a baby shower back home!!! We just put up our Christmas trees as well and I am so excited about it even though it is 80 outside today lol!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your baby boy! I am sorry to hear about the GD.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on the boy!!! It sounds like you've been a busy girl! I wanna see the tree!! Have a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, a boy!! :) Congrats! I love the name y'all chose!

    Sorry to hear about the GD. I had the test on Friday so now I'm just crossing my fingers and praying I don't have it!

    You will have to post pictures of the tree once you get it up!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sorry about the Gestational Diabetes, but congratulations on your sweet baby boy!

    I'm glad you are back blogging! I've missed reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on finding out your having a BOY!! And I love the name. For us, boy names are HARD to pick out but then I always hear of really cute names other people come up with. We are having another girl. I am really excited that I will have TWO girls and they can share tons of stuff... But I did REALLY want a boy this time. I had pretty much decorated the nursery in my head - it was going to be brown and green with monkeys! So you just know I am going to be stalking your blog for pictures of your nursery!! haha

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE that name! Absolutely adorable! Congrats on having a boy, you'll have so much fun!!

    ReplyDelete