.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

01 October 2010

Book Club

This week I went to my first ever book club meeting. I have been looking for a book club since E and I moved here-- I was absolutely ecstatic when I realized there was one through the Officer's Spouse's Club on post.

I set out yesterday with my copy of Eat, Pray, Love in hand when I heard the song "My Humps" on the radio. Is it sad when I hear that song I automatically think of my husband and brother-in-law?

Let me just say that they sing a mean karaoke version of the song, which was only made better by the fact that alcohol was involved.


The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsen

The Physick Book of Deliverance Dane by Katherine Howe

Fall of Giants by Ken Follett

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

The Count of Monte Christo by Alexandre Dumas

The Recipe Club by Andrea Israel

I'm really excited to read some of these books!

I'm 2/3 of the way through The Confessions of Catherine de Medici and I'm really enjoying it! It's historical fiction, which I love, and I might just have to pick up a nonfiction biography on her too.

Thank goodness it's Friday!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad you found a book club! When you read "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo" be prepared it starts out realllllly slow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Have you thought about attending PWOC?

    ReplyDelete