.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

17 September 2010

Boy or Girl?

I'm not sure if I've put it out on here or not, but E and I are hoping for a boy.

Now, of course we'll be absolutely thrilled with either a boy or a girl, but we'd still prefer a boy for many reasons.

E wants a boy, because, well, what man doesn't want a son?

I, on the other hand, am absolutely terrified that if we have a girl that she'll turn out like me. My mom will pretend that I was a good child now (she's just really happy with me, as I'm providing her with her first grandchild, ha!), but, to put it mildly, I was a little a-hole. Then I went through puberty and went from being an a-hole to a full blown psychopath. True, I did mellow out as I got older, but I don't think I could handle another little "me" running around. Although I'm sure every parent ends up with a "mini me", ha!

Here's an example of me being an a-hole:

I was five-years-old when my mom was pregnant with my youngest brother, Mark, and she lost her footing and fell down a step outside. I saw her fall from my bedroom window, but instead of being a good child... I pointed and laughed... while jumping on my bed like a monkey.... I used to think that was a great story, but now, not so much. It's actually causing me lots of anxiety.

My mom also has some of my bad behavior caught on tape. For Mark's birthday, she has footage of me ripping my other brother a new one for messing up "Happy Birthday," even though I practiced the words with him all day; me stomping out of the room because my mom wouldn't let me help cut the cake; and me pushing down the neighborhood boy... just because I could.

I'm really, REALLY regretting all of the times I was bad or mouthy with my mom and she'd say "I hope your kids turn out just like you," because I'm afraid it will. I'm sure my mom is absolutely loving knowing that I'm squirming with fear about this!

I just tell E that I hope we have a boy and that he grows up to be just like his daddy, because it's really not fair for him to also be punished for me being such a rotten, stubborn, bratty child :)

God help us!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

1 comment:

  1. I have a daughter now who will be two in December and she is just like me. It is quite funny because when she does certain things I realize that I understand why because she is acting just like me!

    Do you have any idea what you THINK you may be having?? I keep thinking I am having a boy and now my Mom thinks so too and so does my husband. When I was pregnant with my daughter I was certain she was a girl but then I would be terrified that she might turn out to be a boy. The thought of having a boy really scared me but now I think I can handle one :-)

    ReplyDelete