.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

12 August 2010

Swish, Swish, Swish!

E and I went to my first "real" OB appointment yesterday. I had heard bad things about my midwife, so I was already a little nervous, but I was going in there with an open mind! Anyway, the nurse comes to get me and attempts to take my blood pressure. The cuff kept blowing up... and up... and up to the point where it hurt, and I've never had issues with having my blood pressure checked. The thing squeezed so hard that it bruised the inside of my elbow. So by the time she finally gets the machine to work, my blood pressure had gone up because I was getting mad.

So then E and I get sent to another room and we meet the midwife. I have to say that I really liked her. She really seemed to have my best interests at heart without acting all "buddy buddy" with me. We went over my medical history and she told me that I was definitely on the ball because she didn't have to explain everything to me. I'm not one of those people who wait to ask questions-- if I have a question, I'll either stick my nose into a book or look on the internet until I've got an answer. Plus, I've been planning for baby for quite a while, so I was pretty educated about it all before we even got pregnant.

Anyway, at the end of the appointment, E and I got to hear the most precious sound in the whole world, our sweet baby's heartbeat. I'm already in love!

Because I have such a strong family history of diabetes, my midwife scheduled a first trimester ultrasound just to be sure of baby's gestational age and to make sure he or she is not growing too fast. Hopefully I'll be fine as I don't have diabetes and my blood sugar always tests just fine. I'm excited to be able to hear AND see baby! My next appt. is in five weeks, and then at the one after that, we should find out baby's sex (although E swears up and down that it's a boy). Hopefully he doesn't jinx us, as I kind of want a boy too.

By the way, I hate when people ask what we're hoping for and we'll say "boy" then they'll say, "well, it doesn't matter as long as it's healthy."

Really? I wasn't aware of that!

Okay, that's enough. :)

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

6 comments:

  1. Yay for a great appointment!! That swish swish is truly the best sound ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it amazing how the sound of tiny heartbeat makes you fall sooo in love? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. How exciting! I can only imagine how amazing that appointment must have been. You two are going to be great parents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's awesome!! I'm glad your getting off on the right foot with your midwife. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to hear that your meeting went well! I've missed your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's great that the appointment went well!!!

    ReplyDelete