.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

10 August 2010

College Survival 101: The husband's favorite college food.

While in college- when my husband wasn't living off of ramen, cafeteria food, and beer- he'd occasionally make himself pizza bread for dinner. When we moved in together after his first deployment, we'd have this almost once a week.

Now, this is a pretty simple recipe and nothing fancy, and a few of you have asked for the recipe. Hopefully this doesn't disappoint! :)

All you need:

  • 1 loaf of french/ italian bread (the stuff you'll find in the deli/ bakery part of the grocery store)
  • 1 can/jar/bottle of pizza sauce
  • mozzarella
  • pizza toppings of your choice
  1. Slice the bread in half horizontally, and then down the middle vertically so you have four equal pieces of bread.
  2. Add sauce and then toppings and cheese.
  3. Bake at 400 until cheese looks hot and melted, being careful to not burn the bread
  4. Enjoy!

This usually makes two good meals for us. I've found that it tastes better the next day, so if I'm making it for dinner tonight, I'll make it in the morning so the sauce will have a chance to really sink into the bread. I don't know why but it tastes better!

E's favorite study snack was usually a dip he made using one part sour cream and one part salsa mixed together. He'd eat that with tortilla chips, tacos and sometimes as a sandwich spread.

I pretty much lived off of Spagetti-Os in college, so sorry, no recipes from me.

And I know I've been a bad blogger lately. Being pregnant has left me with no motivation... to do anything. I'm really waiting to hit that second trimester mark, because everyone tells me that I'll feel better then. I hope so, because my poor house is suffering! Being pregnant has also made me feel braindead. I mean, there is nothing going on in there! ha!

Anyway, I'll be posting more. I promise.

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

2 comments:

  1. French bread pizza is one of our favorite things for dinner! We usually make it once a week

    ReplyDelete
  2. P.S. ~ How is the pregnancy going?? :)

    ReplyDelete