.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

07 July 2010

How I Ended up Pregnant

When a man and a woman love each other...

No, it's not going to be that kind of post, ha! And I think ya'll know how it happens anyway... hopefully. With that being said, I'm just saying now that I'm not going to be writing every disgusting pregnancy detail on here to gross ya'll out/ make you wanna go get your tubes tied. First of all, I'm enough of a lady to not to that, and secondly, I don't like hearing it myself.

Anyway, back to how I ended up pregnant. Let's just say that a deployment is coming up for our family. The date was a comfortable distance away and I was comfortable (well, as comfortable with it as I could be) with that tentative date. Recently we found out that the date has been pushed up... a lot. After we found that out I jokingly told Erik that we were going to end up getting pregnant now that he'd be leaving sooner than later. Two weeks later...

we find out we're expecting.

We're both happy although it's also bittersweet knowing that he'll miss the baby's first year. I'm trying not to get too worked up about that because I'm defintely not the first nor will I be the last to go through this. I feel like the Army has me in a choke hold, though, and the more I try to not think about it and take advantage of the time we have left, the worse it seems to get. I'm sure there is a pill for my anxiety although I'm sure said pill would probably pickle our child.

I'm also a little worried about incorporating Buddy into the welcoming-baby-home process although I think he'll really be good. He tries so hard to be helpful, bless his heart, so I think with a little work that he'll be great with the baby. We're worried though about changing diapers-- we'll have to be careful leaving dirty diapers around Buddy because I know the little sicko will see them and think, "snack wrap, yay!" Not that we're going to leave dirty diapers around but Buddy is smart and fast! It is quite humbling to be college educated and then outsmarted on a daily basis by a dog.

In other pregnancy news, I am grumpy all the time! Everything bothers me and I'm having a hard time calming my crazy self down sometimes. For instance, the other day I was feeling particularly "pleasant" and I came up with this idea brought about by a facebook session:

I think I will send a student loan bill for the month to anyone who says something so stupid or grammatically incorrect that it makes me dumber.

See? I told ya'll I was grumpy :)

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

5 comments:

  1. I've been there and...it sucks. Joe left when Collin was 3 weeks old and came back when he was 12 months 2 weeks. Let me know if you ever have any questions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You aren't the first or the last, but that doesn't mean it isn't a hard thing to go through!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wanted to let you know I am a new follower and I am pretty sure you are at "the great place" and I too am a displaced buckeye from the Dayton,Ohio region and J (my husband) is a displaced buckeye from a small town in Southern Ohio. I graduated from BGSU. I am also pregnant with an upcoming deployment and have survived 2 pregnancies with the husband deployed so I am here for ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know exactly how you feel! Chris left when Hannah was 1 month old and came home 1 week shy of her first birthday. He left when Cameron was 9 months old and will be home when he is 20 months old and he will miss Lilly's birth and come home when she is 6 months old. I am here if you need anything, anything at all!

    ReplyDelete