.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

24 June 2010

We're Expecting!

I want to preface this by saying that God is good!

E and I jokingly made up a three-step plan to prepare ourselves for parenthood right before we were married and discussing "big picture" things.

We decided that step one would be to get the Amaryllis bulb my mom bought us for Christmas that year to bloom. For me, not killing a plant is a big thing! Lo and behold, the plant grew and bloomed into a beautiful white flower. We took our plantchild across the country to AZ, and then halfway back to TX. I thought all of that travelling across the hottest parts of the country would have killed it, but it's starting to grow this year and I can't wait for it to bloom again!

* * * * *
E and I also decided to get a dog once we moved to AZ.

So this little guy was step two, although the quality of our puppy parenting is obviously questionable, ha!


We joked by saying if we didn't screw up on steps one and two that we could think about starting a family. Yeah, so Buddy might be a little rotten, but we love him nonetheless. We also said that we wanted to wait a year before we started trying. That was actually my idea. So of course a month after we were married I started getting baby fever in the worst kind of way and somehow talked E into starting to try. Months came and went and still no pregnancy. I've always had a feeling that I would have a hard time conceiving so the past months have been pretty emotional. It's pretty heartbreaking to want something so bad only to think that you'll never be able to have it.

So you can imagine our surprise when I found out early this week that E and I are expecting! It just so happened that we did get our first year of marriage (plus an extra month for good measure) just to ourselves. I like to think God was looking out for us because looking back, we really needed it!

We are both so excited that we can barely stand ourselves! And our moms... well they're pretty much crazy with joy, ha!

All of this being said, please pray for my family and that this is a healthy and happy pregnancy :)
We hope that everyone has a great weekend!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

14 comments:

  1. Congrats! That is wonderful news!

    P.S. I LOVE the picture of Buddy...so funny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats! How wonderful for you. Oh I'm so excited. I remember telling DH he'd be a daddy. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations!! Healthy and happy 9 months to you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! That is such happy news!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations!! This is such an exciting time. God always has a better plan than we do, doesn't He?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woohoo! Exciting news! Get ready for a great journey :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hoe exciting!! I love how God's perfect timing worked out with the "original" plan y'all had - gives me chills! Congratulations to you both! And may God bless you with a happy and healthy pregnancy!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such exciting news! You guys are in for one of the most rides you will ever go on! I know we have never officially met but I am right down the road, if you ever need anything, anything at all please don't hesitate to ask!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats! How exciting! Everything works out for a reason!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congratulations!! <3 <3 <3

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness, CONGRATS!! I have been praying for you every day - I'm so excited for you!! God is sooo good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations!!! Somehow I missed this when you first posted but found it when I saw your most recent post.

    ReplyDelete