.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

22 June 2010

Last month my Mom and Dad visited from Ohio-- I was so happy to see them!
My Dad was in the Army so I kept asking my mom if she was going to find a young soldier to trade my dad in for while visiting "the Hood." So my mom, being her usual rotten self, asked if there were any Marines here. To get that you have to understand that my mom spent my wedding weekend hitting on E's best man, who is a Marine Corps Officer, ha!
Lucky for my dad there are no Marines here ;)
I ended up taking my parents to the 1st CAV museum on post.

I think it brought back a lot of memories of the good ole days for him :)
Look! It's Buddy's face painted on a tank!

Well, that's what he thinks he looks like.

Luckily E didn't have to work that Friday so we took my parents to Waco to visit the Texas Ranger Museum and the Dr. Pepper Museum.

We all had a really good time even though my dad spent most of the trip working around the yard and on my car. It drives him nuts to not have anything to do so I just let him do what he wanted. He fixed up our front yard, brought my tomato plants back to life, fixed the broken lock on my car door and fixed the air conditioning so now I have a functioning AC in my car!

The best thing of all is that I cooked my best meals to get back at my parents for not teaching me to cook, and then making fun of me when I tried.

The day after they got home, my mom called asking for a recipe. I was nice and gave it to her ;)

So yeah, it was a pretty good time all around :)

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

1 comment:

  1. I wanted to go to the Dr. Pepper Museum the last time I was there but I just didn't make it! I'm glad you had fun with family!

    ReplyDelete