.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

04 May 2010

Tuesdays at the Table: Black Bean and Corn-Topped Potatoes

This is my interpretation of a Cooking Light recipe I found-- E and I absolutely love it! It's a pretty hearty meal too, although it's meatless... which makes me love it even more.

♥ 1 bag Ore-Ida hashbrowns

♥ 1/2 c. chopped onion

♥ 1 t. ground cumin

♥ 1/2 t. chili powder

♥ 2 garlic cloves, minced

♥ 1 (15oz) can no-salt-added black beans

♥ 1 1/2 c. frozen whole-kernel corn

♥ 1/4 c (1oz) shredded Cheddar Jack cheese

♥ 1/4 c. chopped fresh cilantro

1. Cook hashbrowns according to package directions.

2. While potatoes cook, heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Add onion, cumin, chili powder and garlic to pan; saute 3 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Add beans, corn, and salsa; cook 4 minutes or until mixture is thoroughly heated.

3. To serve, spoon about a cup of the bean mixture over a cup or more of the potatoes. Top each serving with cheese and cilantro. Serves 4.

{you can also use baked potatoes for this recipe}

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

1 comment:

  1. I love reading your recipes. Now that I have to cook for J, I'm totally running out of food ideas!

    ReplyDelete