.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

15 March 2010

Tuesdays at the Table: Creamy Ham and Potato Chowder

Lovely Yellow Ribbons

I'm putting one of my new favorite (and low-calorie, might I add) recipes up today.

Creamy Ham and Potato Chowder

3 c. frozen Southern-Style has brown potatoes (such as Ore-Ida, I use Potatoes O'Brien and it's delicious!)

2 1/2 c. 2% milk (I use skim and it's still good)

1/4 t. salt

1 c. diced ham (such as Cumberland Gap)

1/4 t. black pepper

1/2 c. (2oz) 50%-less-fat shredded sharp white Cheddar cheese (such as Cabot)

1/4 c. chopped green onions

Combine first 3 ingredients in a meduim saucepan; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat, stirring frequently.

Stir in ham and pepper; cover, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.

Mash potatoes slightly using the back of a spoon (I skip mashing the potatoes); stir in cheese and green onions.

Makes 5 servings, 1 c. each.

Enjoy!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

4 comments: