.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

11 March 2010

Note To Self

1. If you are trying to cook something in the oven, if helps if the oven is turned on. It also helps if you put whatever you're tring to cook into the oven. You know, so it can cook....

2. When baking a cake in a shaped pan, put the recommended amount of batter into the pan. It's really, really not a good idea to put too much into the pan. Otherwise, you'll end up with some cake baking on the bottom of your oven.

3. Do not, let me repeat, DO NOT ask Buddy if he wants to go for a walk until you are ready to walk out the door. He is not patient, and when he tries to be patient it only turns into pure rage and fury.

4. There are only a few people in the world worth getting your feelings hurt over.

5. Most of the time, if you want something done, you just need to do it yourself.

6. In spite of #5, sometimes you do just need to ask for help. There's nothing wrong with that.

7. E does like his sandwiches cut in half. I was worried that I was being annoyingly cute-sy by cutting his lunch sandwiches down the middle, but no, he appreciates it.

Note to Buddy:

Sorry, Bud, but no one thinks you are-- in any way, shape or form-- intimidating. It's precious to see you try though :)

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

4 comments:

  1. If we ask Titus if he wants to go for a walk, he runs laps around the living room as fast as he can until we are ready to go. Needless to say, we don't say anything until it is 100 percent time to go! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, I love this list! The oven thing sounds like something I would do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have this problem with remembering to turn on the cooking appliance. Like last time I did pork in the slowcooker, I forgot to plug it in. Woops.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm curious, what shape did you use?

    ReplyDelete