.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

06 March 2010

Coupons and Cakes

I've been couponing big time lately. I will rarely go to a store without a coupon in hand, and I've already saved almost $100 in just two months. This is my latest great deal:

A Tempur Pedic Symphony Pillow.

E bought one when he got home from Iraq and it is SO nice! I always steal it when he gets out of bed in the morning to go to PT. We got a Bed, Bath and Beyond coupon in the mail last week so I thought I'd use it to buy a fitted sheet that I ruined in the laundry to match the rest of the sheet set. They didn't have the sheet in stock, and I couldn't find it online to save my life. I spent a few minutes looking around the store and found the pillow, that E bought for $99, marked down to 40.00. With my coupon, I only paid about $32 for a $99 pillow! E couldn't believe it! Now I don't have to steal E's pillow anymore, and it's like laying my head on a little slice of heaven every night.

On Friday night I went to my first Wilton Cake Decorating class and I loved it! I ended up making a cake yesterday just for fun and E said it looked nice, although I think he was just being nice :) I think he's just happy knowing that if I'm taking these classes that he'll get lots of cake, haha! I went into Hobby Lobby yesterday to buy some cake things and then of course there is a 40% coupon off of all Wilton products online for this upcoming week. Oh well. I still have a few more things I want to get and I might get this too.

Anyway, where in the world did the weekend go?

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

4 comments:

  1. Love Hobby Lobby!
    That's great that the class went over well. I thought about taking the Wilton class last year but I waited too long and it was full!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cool about the cake class! I have always wanted to take one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been a couponing freak as well! I now HATE to buy anything without a coupon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom is taking a Wilton decorating class at our local community college. She is in the second set of the classes. She hates her teacher, but loves the class :)

    ReplyDelete