.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

10 February 2010

Love Stuff, Day One

Since Valentine's Day is coming up, I thought I'd spend a few days talking about love/ marriage/fluffy, warm stuff. You get the idea.

Everytime I'd write to E while he was deployed,
I'd try to include a sweet poem or quote into my letter.

Here are a few of my favorites:

"i carry your heart with me"

i carry your heart with me(i carry it in
my heart)i am never without it(anywhere
i go you go,my dear; and whatever is done
by only me is your doing,my darling)
i fear
no fate(for you are my fate,my sweet)i want
no world(for beautiful you are my world,my true)
and it's you are whatever a moon has always meant
and whatever a sun will always sing is you

here is the deepest secret nobody knows
(here is the root of the root and the bud of the bud
and the sky of the sky of a tree called life;which grows
higher than the soul can hope or mind can hide)
and this is the wonder that's keeping the stars apart

i carry your heart(i carry it in my heart)

ee cummings

from Juno

In my opinion, the best thing you can do is find
a person who loves you for exactly what you are.
Good mood, bad mood, ugly, pretty, handsome, what have you,
the right person is still going to think the sun shines out your ass.
That's the kind of person that's worth sticking with.

Genesis 31:49

The LORD watch between me and thee,
when we are absent one from another.

* * * * *
Lastly, please check out Christine's blog for the next few days,
as she's doing a review of The Husband Project--
I can't recommend that book enough!

Here's the project for today:

Project #1
30 Minutes is All it Takes
Create Some Free Time When He Gets Home

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”~Bill Watterson, Calvin and Hobbes

Your Project:
Focus on your husbands transitional 30 minutes today. Would he like to be left alone to rest and rejuvenate, or does he want some undivided attention from you? The point is to let your husband know you value what he does out in the world, and that he has a safe loving place to come home and get refreshed at the end of the day.

I try to spend that first half hour when E gets home welcoming him home and listening to how his day was. He'll usually crash on the couch or in his office and I just like spending that time with him, just listening. I try really hard to make him feel welcomed home and loved, so hopefully I make him feel that way! I guess he's kind of grown on me ;)

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

3 comments:

  1. When Hubs would get home from work, we had a routine. I'd follow him around while he changed clothes and cleaned up, so we could have some face-to-face time, and then he'd get to go check his email, do facebook, whatever, while I made dinner. That way we got to hit both sides of the equation, and neither one of us felt either neglected or smothered.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that poem from ee cummings. I fell in love with it when I saw the movie In Her Shoes.
    My husband and I do the same when he gets home. I don't know if it lasts a full 30 minutes, but I do like sitting on the couch with him listening to him talk about his day :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the Juno quote. When I heard it the first time during the movie I smiled.

    ReplyDelete