.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

04 February 2010

Blizzard Bloghop

Blizzard Bloghop 2010 hosted by Household 6 Diva


Howdy from Texas!


I'm Becky, and I'm the proud,
newlywed wife of E,
an Officer in the US Army.

I am also the mommy
to an adorable four-legged,
hairy child named Buddy.

Don't let this picture fool you, however; he is not half as sweet as he looks. He's a little terror, but I love him nonetheless.

I love being an Army wife (well, most of the time), and I'm not happy unless I have my nose in a book, a mixing bowl in my arms, or am working on a craft project of some sort. Time spent with my mini family makes me a pretty happy girl too! We have lived in four different zip codes in the past 15 months (no joke) and we're excited that we'll get to be in one place for longer than six months!

I am a college-educated housewife who still doesn't really know what she wants to be when she grows up. I have a Bachelor's degree in English and Humanities from a small university close to my hometown in Southern Ohio. Yes, I am a proud Buckeye!

We have no kids yet, but the baby bug has gotten to me big time. So we'll see what happens with that :)

Anyway, that's pretty much me in a nutshell.

I look forward to reading the rest of your blogs!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

13 comments:

  1. LOL i know how moving wears on you, but I am a military brat also and so I do get the urge to pack up ever three years. I too have no idea what i want to be when i grow up either. A princess maybe?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a BA in English writing! That's so funny. I don't think I've met another army wife with one. Howdy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. As a Brat I know the feeling of moving....as for what to be...who knows cause I am already a princess in my father's eyes!!!

    My mom has an english major (BA I think) and she has been an editor, mother, wife, volunteer,etc her whole Adult life. So the sky is the limit!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I'm here from the blog hop. I love your blog design. I have met so many awesome military wives on this blog hop. Its been awesome.
    Take Care
    Lori Z
    www.argyleandapricots.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi welcome to the transition to Army wife! I am one as well, for the last almost 13 yrs! We're stationed in Germany,we live for Jesus, homeschool, and expecting baby #5! I look forward to getting to know you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Coming from the bloghop...Your wedding dress was gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Becky, nice to meet you. I am stopping by from Bloghop. I also have no idea what I want to do 'when I grow up', although I am currently in the Air Force.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Becky! I'm bloghopping too. I also love to read and am liking your reading list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Becky! Stopping by a little late...that's what this life will do to us I suppose :). Congratulations on finally finding a post to call "home" (we do get to call it that if it's more than 2 months right?) Buddy is a cutie! What kind of puppy is he?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stopping by on the blog hop...a little late. Nice to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi from the blog hop. Congratulations on your wedding. Your puppy is adorable. It is nice to meet you. Have a blessed day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's nice to "meet" you. I've been doing a "Blissdom Bloghop" summary and showcased your blog today. I'm sorry it's taken so long - there were so many participants! http://www.halleethehomemaker.com/2010/02/blizzard-bloghop-tour-7/

    Hallee

    ReplyDelete