.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

12 January 2010

So Many Books, So Little Time

I finally finished up my Fall Into Reading list, although the list of books I ended up reading is a far cry from the list I had originally set out to read.

Anyway, here are the most recent books I have read:

Photobucket

I loved Julie and Julia,
so I jumped at the chance to read Cleaving.
I really liked the story, I love her writing style,
but I think that she is simply a twit.
I don't see how anyone can think that infidelity is okay,
and I think she has attention issues.
Those are just my thoughts, though....

Photobucket

E bought this book for me
for Christmas and I LOVED it!
It was such a good book
and I was so sad when it ended...
how sad it that?
The characters were absolutely delightful
and I just fell in love with them all.
The book made me want to go live on Guernsey, ha!

Photobucket

Lastly, my brother gave this to me for Christmas, too.
I also loved it and I couldn't get enough of it--
it was just so interesting,
and is one of Oprah's book club picks.
I love books that follow a family's history
and this one did a great job!

In The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society,
the main character said something to the effect of
"good books ruin you for bad books."

That's how I feel.

I don't know what to read next.

Any suggestions?

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

5 comments:

  1. Ooooh! *Always* have book suggestions :)

    If you are in the mood for fiction right now, aside from ones I have already posted on my blog, I highly suggest Jany Eyre. I know it's Old English, and that can make some parts a little hard to trudge through. BUT it's so rewarding! It's by far my favorite book of all time.

    Or if you want some light reading, I'm reading through the "Uglies" series right now, currently halfway through the last book. It's not great literature, but it's fun.

    I also recommend: The Honorable Impostor (Gilbert Morris); The Host (Stephenie Meyer); Mount Vernon Love Story (Mary Higgins Clark); and The Last Thing I Remember (Andrew Klavan). There hopefully I listed enough that I hit one one you haven't read yet!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really into reading right now and as much as I hate to say it I'm on a major Nicholas Sparks bender. Have you read At First Sight or True Believer? those are good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in love with Jodi Picoult books, they are just wonderful! Just when I think I own every single one, someone finds me one I haven't read yet!!

    I also just finished reading Sarah Palin's book....interesting to say the least.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have the Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society in my bookshelf waiting to read! My mom loved it, I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it as well!

    ReplyDelete