.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

10 January 2010

Puppy Dogs and Meal Plans

The house has come along nicely-- I've got about 95% of everything done and will be happy to tackle the remainder with, of course, the help of Buddy:
Bless his heart, he tries so hard to help, although it usually makes things harder for me.

He just loved this packing paper! He'd run through it either by tunneling his way through the bottom or by hopping over it like a deranged rabbit.

We've only had a couple of snags with moving, though.

1. My car is leaking antifreeze or something like that... ugh. It smells funny and it makes me sad. I'm just happy it made the trip from AZ, and I'm sure it'll be an easy fix.

2. We've requested a normal-sized trash can three times now and have yet to get one. What we have instead is a tiny can that holds two kitchen-sized bags of trash. I call it our "old person who doesn't throw anything away because they grew up during the depression" trash can. I know it's a little silly but it bothers me, especially since I'm the person who empties trash cans too much. Speaking of, I'm so pumped that withing two days that we're already got our recycling bin nearly full! Go us!

Lastly, 3. It took us forever to find Buddy's toy box and the few toys we didn't travel with over the PCS trip. I searched all over the place and couldn't find it-- I kept telling E that it must have been in his office, so I finally made him go through his stuff, and lo and behold, it was in there. Buddy was a pretty happy boy to be reunited with his toys!

It's like Buddy's trifecta of glory: his bed, toys and a window to look/bark out of all in one place! I love his crooked grin and E grins in exactly the same way, haha!

I've also gotten back into the habit of meal planning, as to save on our grocery bill and be more organized. Here's what I've got so far:

Last night- Sausage and Cheese Frittata with Homemade Pancakes

Sunday- Mediterranean Beef Pitas with Roasted Potatoes

Monday- Two-Pepper Rigatoni and Cheese with ham slices

Tuesday- Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Wednesday- Salmon and leftover Rigatoni
Thursday- Jambalaya

Friday- date night (although I have yet to inform E of this, ha! I really want to see The Lovely Bones....)

Saturday- Turkey Chili and Peanut Butter Sandwiches

I've been scouring magazines for new recipes to try and have found a lot of good ones to try. It's so easy to feel burned out when it comes to cooking, so it's been a good change. I'm a nerd, I know....

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

3 comments:

  1. Hope your enjoying the new house!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. yay! I'm glad buddy got his toys back! Oh mark me down for Thursday night dinner...it sounds yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's funny. I thought I was saying Tuesday cause of the Chicken. I didn't realize till your message that you left out Thursday as well lol

    ReplyDelete