.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

28 January 2010

Oh my goodness, I think that I'm up to my ears with things I want need to do.

I finished reading The Husband Project and Devil in the White City and loved them! The Husband Project really changed my perspective about quite a few things. I haven't even officially started, but it has already made quite an impact on our marriage. I'm not sure, but I'm thinking about going through each day of the project on here by describing what I'm going to do for each one. I will also be reviewing her book The Marriage Project. I'm really excited about that! If you have time, you should really check out Kathi's website.

E's birthday is this weekend! I'm awful about surprises, so he already knows everything I got for him.... I made him a sign to hang about the door of his office, I painted it to look camouflauge and it says "Man Cave" in stenciled, manly looking letters. He also got a book he's been wanting and a few tubes of vanilla mint chapstick that I had to end up ordering online because we couldn't find them in stores. We'll be having steaks for dinner (his favorite) and I'll make homemade German chocolate cupcakes. They're Martha Stewart's recipe, so they should be tasty!

We have a Hail and Farewell coming up, which I'm not looking forward too. I just get so nervous at those things. Also, we have a homecoming ball coming up too, which I am looking forward to, ha! I mean, I get to get all dolled up AND see my handsome husband in those dress blues. ;)

I found this completely adorable project on Huckleberry Prairie. I just love her projects and they're usually pretty easy to do.

Lastly, I'm now reading The Happiness Project. I know, that's all I need, one more project! It's pretty interesting so far, and I'd like to make one of my own, plus finally get around to making a 101 in 1001 list.

We'll see when I get around to all of this stuff....

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

4 comments:

  1. Wow! Sounds like you will have a busy - but fun - weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure you are the one that I saw the book at first and wanted to read it! So thank you for that!! You are very busy but it all sounds like fun things...well minus the hail and farewell but I'm sure it will be just fine!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sounds like a really cute gift you made for him! I'm sure he'll have a wonderful Birthday with you this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. H&F are always hit and miss. We had a great group in our old unit, so I LOVED going to them. However, the first one that you go to when you're brand new can be nerve wrecking!

    I also read Devil in the White City and really enjoyed it! I've had The Happiness Project on my to read list, but I'm sure like yours, it's many books down the line!

    ReplyDelete