.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

03 January 2010

It was rainy and dreary in Texas today, which did nothing at all to help motivate me to get the house in order. E's closet alone is enough to overwhelm me into just giving up, ha! The boy just has more tshirts than any one person should own...
Since it was cool and rainy today, I thought it would be a perfect day to make soup and let it simmer on the stove all day! I had made a meal plan (I think it will help keep me organized/ the grocery bill lower) and lucky for us, Vegetable/Beef soup was on the menu. Not to toot my own horn, but it was SO good! I used to be the butt of so many cooking jokes at home, which is funny as my family never taught me how to cook. Then I go home (after moving out and teaching myself how to cook) and they're all impressed and begging for recipes.
E starts back to work tomorrow, and I think I'm more nervous about him starting his new job than he is-- I don't know how he does it, I'd be nervous to the point of making myself sick if I were him. I have a feeling that Ft. Hood is going to be my real initiation into Army life. Does anyone have any tips/ good advice about this? What kinds of spouses clubs do you like to join and why? I'd really appreciate some guidance with this :) I'm thinking about joining a book club, but I'm so nervous! I know I'm a nerd, but socializing literally scares me and I'm awful at it! Eek!
Lastly, is it sad that E and I both bought kitchen appliances for each other for Christmas (a toaster for him and a food processor for me) and we're both tickled pink with these gifts? I woke up this morning to the smell of a toaster strudel wafting through the house, and I've been putting all sorts of things through that food processor! I love that it will shred a block of cheese in about five seconds so that I don't have to grate it myself (I always end up hurting myself).
Anyway, that's all for now. Hopefully I'll be more motivated to work on the house tomorrow-- all of this clutter is driving me nutso!
My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

2 comments:

  1. Come 50 some days, I'm all about starting that book club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you thinking about getting involved with your FRG? I haven't had one to participate in yet, but I plan to when we move this spring. It makes me nervous to put myself out there too, but the best advice I have is to just go for it. It's okay to be nervous, but do it anyways. You never know what you may be missing out on. I always look at it like this... I don't want to look back 30 years from now and regret not taking any chances. Have fun!!

    ReplyDelete