.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

15 January 2010

The Husband Project

When E and I lived in AZ, I saw a copy of this book at the PX and was interested so I bought it later from Amazon. I started reading it this week and it is amazing! I'd like to say two things though: I truly believe that a marriage is an organic thing that needs nurturing to thrive. Also, I don't feel like I should be E's servant/ doormat/ inferior just because I am his wife-- to us, marriage is a partnership. I was a little concerned that this book might promote that subservient wife attitude, but I was wrong, thank goodness.

This book focuses on honoring your husband first and foremost. I haven't even officially started, but I've done a few of the projects and I already feel so good about our relationship-- I feel like we're dating again, eek! :o) I want to wait to start so I have time to think about what I want to do for each of the projects.

I'm really excited to see E's reactions, and I'll put more about The Project up later.

To order the book, click here. To visit Kathi Lipp's website, click here.

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

4 comments:

  1. Oh it looks like a nice book! I totally agree with you that marriages should be partnerships :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am going to be checking this book out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying the book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. sounds so cute! And I love the cover!! going to look for this book tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete