.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

25 January 2010

Friend Makin' Monday: My Daybook

This week's theme for ae filkin's
Friend Makin' Monday is "My Daybook."

I just love these things.

So, here we go!

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside my window...
It's dark, and I can see the Christmas tree lights on the backdoor neighbor's tree.

I am thinking...
about a lot of things-- my mind is racing.

I am thankful...
for my handsome husband and my precious puppy.

I am praying...
for Haiti, for my family.

I am reading...
Devil in the White City by Erik Larson. It's so interesting!
Also, magazines and blogs.
I will be reading my lovely mother-out-laws new blog.
She's wonderful!

I am creating...
a cozy, warm home for my mini family :)
I'm always creating something,
I don't think I'm happy otherwise.

From the kitchen...
I can smell homemade dirty rice in the slow cooker.

Around the house...
It's quiet--
the tv is on and the puppy is sleeping.

One of my favorite things...
[or four, haha]
hugs and kisses from handsome husbee and Buddy!
getting things in the mail
a good song on the radio
a good recipe

A few plans for the rest of the week...
I'm going to the commissary tomorrow
and E's birthday is this week,
so I have to plan for that too!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

6 comments:

  1. Nothing like fun snail mail! Happy FMM!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love getting mail and dirty rice in the crockpot sounds yummy! Would love the recipe. Hope you have a great week! Happy FMM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea... I love it! Happy birthday to E and have fun at the commisary :o)!

    I gave you an award over on my blog! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I finally bit the bullet and drove right past the ever so close and convinient Walmart to go to the Commissary. SO WORTH IT. I probably save about $20. And in our family, that's worth it!!
    I'd love to have that dirty rice recipe.. sounds good!

    ReplyDelete