.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

08 December 2009

100th Post

So, the movers are here. They won’t let me help (I asked) so I’ve barricaded my ferocious, little guard dog and myself in E’s office while they work in other rooms. I don’t want to be unsocial or anything, but it drives me nuts just to sit around while other people are working, especially when their work involves going through all of our stuff!

It’s already been a hectic morning, and I’m ready for the day to be over with. We had an awful storm last night that tore more shingles and completely detached the brand new privacy screen off the house. All I can say is that I’m glad E and I are not homeowners yet. The storm also blew the charcoal grill, little table, and chairs across the yard. E said the winds got up to 70 mph last night, but I haven’t heard any numbers on the news yet. E was all flustered this morning because he misplaced a cd that he needed and he couldn’t get the washer unhooked. Oops. I guess it should be okay since they’re just packing today and loading up a truck on Thursday? We shall see!

{After the nasty storm, however, there was the most beautiful full rainbow stretching across the sky. Everything will be okay!}

Buddy is mad because he’s locked up with boring ole’ mom, when what he really wants is to wander around the house making new friends. He’s horrible about walking underfoot, though, so poochy poo will remain incarcerated for the day.

Buddy will be making the drive to “The Great Place” with me. I have to admit that I bought him a doggy car seat-- he’s already learned how to jump in it and he loves it! Don’t judge me, that dog is my baby! We also bought him a pet taxi thing since we don’t want to lug that big crate around-- we call it Buddy’s vacation home, haha! We’re such nerds…. I keep teasing E by asking if he wants Buddy to ride with him, and he just laughs at me-- Buddy is known to absolutely torment E, and I think it’s hilarious! So it looks like my shadow and I will be riding together, and I saw a bumper sticker the other day that I want need! For me to say that I want a bumper sticker is a pretty big deal because I usually think they are so tacky. Anyway… I saw one that said “My Dog is My Co-pilot” and thought it was cute, especially since Bud will spend a few days being just that.

I wish E were here with me… but alas, the Army says he has to work today, but he should be home fairly early, thank goodness.

* * * * * * * * *

Okay, enough of that not-so-fun stuff. This is my 100th post, and I wanted it to be about something nicer than our move. I’m going to write about another move of ours that happened exactly a year ago. I moved from Ohio to Savannah, GA... and E came home from Iraq! I can't believe it's been a year already-- the time has just flown. I was so lucky to have him home for Christmas, and it was the best gift ever!
I don't think I'll ever forget the night/ early morning he got home. I was in tears before I got to Ft. Stewart because I thought I was lost out in the middle of nowhere. I was in tears when I saw those beautiful, white buses pulling up, and when the soldiers marched out onto the parade field. When they were released, I couldn't see E and it took him a while to find me, so once again, I was in tears. It was such a sight seeing him for the first time in eleven months (no joke! he got a super-early leave) and I'll never forget it. We were both in such shock that all we could really do is look at each other and smile at first, haha! It was a good day, to say the very least!
* * * * * * * * *
Now the day is over and I'm relaxing with my sweethearts in a hotel room on post. It's right next to the Class Six, so I keep teasing E by saying that I'm going to go buy lots of stuff, haha! Buddy didn't know what the think about the place. The day went by very fast, thank goodness, and the only other hard thing this week will be tomorrow when they come to load up all of our stuff.

{Buddy with his "Vacation" home}

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife


5 comments:

  1. You HAVE to take a picture of his car seat! I honestly don't think I've ever seen a doggie car seat! I hope tomorrow goes smoothly! Congrats on 100 posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww! That made me smile so big! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so awkward just watching them work?! Hope the rest goes smoothly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say, our pup totally has a car seat for the 6 or so times she has driven cross-country with me! Pups are so a part of the family!

    I hope the rest of your move goes smoothly! Welcome to the 'Great Place'!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yea for E being home one year! Iwent to a friend's homecoming yesterday and it just brought back all of those fantastic memories!

    Good luck with the move, I hope the packers are almost finished!

    ReplyDelete