.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

23 November 2009

Friend Makin' Monday: Thanksgiving

Photobucket

This weeks theme on Friend Makin' Monday is Thanksgiving. This is the first time I'll host a Thanksgiving Dinner and I'm SO excited!

1. Turkey or Ham? Turkey
2. Favorite side dish? Eek, that's a hard question! I love everything but sweet potatoes.
3. Favorite dessert? I don't like pumpkin pie (I know, I'm awful), so I'd have to say my Mom's pumpkin roll or Aunt Maechelle's homemade blackberry pie. Yum!
4. Black Friday: Are you going or not? E and I might go to Target and Best Buy. We'll see :)
5. If so, what's on the top of your list? I haven't seen the ads yet, but I'm sure I'll see something I need want.
6. Going out of town or staying close to home? We're staying at home and having three other people over.
7. Hosting or helping? I'm hosting! Pray for me!
8. Name one family tradition at Thanksgiving.
9. What do you do after dinner? Putting up the Christmas tree/ decorations. I'll miss that this year :(
10. What are you most thankful for this year? Definitely E. And Buddy. I love my mini family :)

Here's my menu:
Turkey
Scalloped Potatoes
Macaroni and Cheese
Green Bean Bundles
Stuffing
Rolls
Pumpkin Pie
Does that sound like a good meal? I'm not sure if I should add anything else, or not. Anyway, I hope everyone has a great week and an even better Thanksgiving!

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

7 comments:

  1. I don't like anything pumpkin; pumpkin roll, pumpkin pie etc. But I love the smell of pumpkin spice candles! So you're not the only strange one. lol

    Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving and good luck hosting this year!

    http://atticgirl.blogspot.com/2009/11/friend-makin-monday-thanksgiving.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds yummy!!! We will be knee deep in boxes, so I begged my mom to make Thanksgiving food for Christmas day this year :) I loooovvveee all of the side dishes and could kinda give or take on the turkey...bring on the sweet potatoes and roast garlic mashed potatoes and cranberry relish...mmm!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your menu sounds great. I'd have to have some sweet potato casserole though. teehee
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. No Christmas decorations??

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a delicious meal! Enjoy Thanksgiving together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It sounds like a great meal! I probably wouldn't add anything more as then it could become a bit overwhelming!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm, sounds yummy!! I'm sure you will do great and everything will turn out perfect! Have a happy holiday!

    ReplyDelete