.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

30 November 2009

Friend Makin' Monday: It's Almost December....

Photobucket

{click picture to visit site}

I can't believe we're just one day away from December-- where did the year go?!

1. Favorite website: I visit Facebook and Blogger the most. I LOVE Amazon.com, OldNavy.com, and GoodReads.com too.

2. Favorite color: Green, green, and more green haha! I love blue also, as well as black and white together with a burst of color.

3. Facebook? n/a

4. Favorite Christmas song? "O Holy Night" I think it's beautiful! I also LOVE "All I Want for Christmas is You," the My Chemical Romance version.

5. Christmas tree: Real or fake? E and I both grew up with real trees, but I think we'll get a fake one next year.

6. Hottest celebrity? Jake Gylenhaal-- I think E looks like him.

7. Favorite restaurant? I fell in love with In N Out Burger when E and I moved to AZ. Chick-fil-A is also another favorite. We also love anything Italian or Mexican.

8. Favorite magazine? That's a hard one! I love reading magazines and I buy entirely too many of them. I really like Self, Good Housekeeping and Everyday with Rachel Ray.

9. Favorite thing to drink around the holidays? My family never buys egg nog or any other holiday type drink, so it's just normal, everyday drinks for us. I'm going to try a cherry-limeade punch this Christmas though.

10. Favorite Christmas movie: This is another hard one... I love Christmas Vacation and How the Grinch Stole Christmas (the movie, not the cartoon). Growing up, I loved Rudolf, Frosty the Snowman, and Twas the Night Before Christmas. A Christmas Story is another good one... I just love them all!

* * * * *

I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving--ours was wonderful! All of my dishes turned out very well (except I think I undercooked my green beans a bit... oh well), and Erik and I had another couple over for dinner. The guy actually went to high school with Erik and is from the same small town in Montana-- he ended up going to school at West Point and ended up stationed here too. What a small world!

On Friday, E and I went to Target and bought a bunch of board games as they were on sale. We came home and E beat me at every stinkin' game except for Uno! I don't know how he does it, ha!

On Saturday we went to visit friends and brought Buddy along, because they have a dog that Buddy loves! They played and played for three hours! They're just like little boys, I swear. Then we went out for dinner at a new restaurant in town, My Big Fat Greek Restaurant. It was absolutely delicious! I've never had Greek food before and E and I both had gyros.

Yesterday E worked on a research paper for class, so I went to Target and to the library so he'd have some quiet time to get it done-- I tend to be distracting haha! E had a cold all last week and I went to bed last night feeling gross and I think he passed it on to me. What a sweet guy! It hasn't been too bad though because I got all stressed out about feeling sick (now is not a good time to be sick... can't it wait until after the move/ holidays?) so I ended up doing all of the laundry and cleaned the house-- I clean when I'm stressed.

I think Buddy and I will just park it on the couch until E gets home. I'm still reading The Pillars of the Earth and I LOVE it! I already know I'm going to be sad when I finish reading it....

My Life, from {Army} Brat to Wife

5 comments:

  1. Yeah, my family has never been one to buy fancy Christmas type drinks! There has never been eggnog in this house! I had it once at school a few years back, but it only made a bad impression on me. Yucko!

    I've been meaning to read The Pillars of the Earth for some time now! I actually just looked at it the other night on my bookshelf, and eventually settled on another one! Glad to hear you're loving it!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog, and thank you for the kind words about it! (Hopefully I'll have a Christmas layout by Wednesday night!)

    Have a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christmas Vacation is such a classic! Our family watches it every year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your layout so much I went over and got myself one for my Blogger Blog.

    Visit me:http://vivian.hobby-site.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great List! I love Christmas Vacation too - LOL it was on TV last night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas Vacation is a must-see for laughs around here too.

    Glad you had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete