.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

05 October 2009

Friend Makin' Mondays: Hobbies

Photobucket

This weeks theme on Friend Makin' Monday is hobbies. I know, I know, my hobbies are very typical and common.

Photobucket

I've always been such a bookworm and I'm still really bitter that college turned me away from it for the longest time. Now I just can't get enough and my "to read" list is about as long as I am tall. I actually used to get in trouble a lot as a child because I'd stay up way past my bedtime reading. I think it was a good thing (I mean, I never stayed up too late), and I think I'll let it slide if our future kiddos do the same. I also love magazines... a lot... too much. I just can't help myself when I see a magazine stand....

Photobucket

I love, love, love scrapbooking! I did it through high school, kind of forgot about it in college, and started again right around the time I met E. It was a great way to keep myself busy while he was deployed and I have his deployment and the beginning of our relationship chronicled for the future. I'm currently working on a wedding/ our life as an Army couple scrapbook.

Photobucket

Ever since I moved in with E, I have come to love cooking and baking, especially the latter. I never really know what I'm going to have for dinner (I really do try to meal plan and stick to it, but I change my mind way too much), but I can tell you what I'm going to bake on Sunday for the upcoming week. I like to bake something for E to have for breakfast or for a snack each week. It's just a small, but good way to show that I love him. I made a pumpkin cake last week. This week I'm going to make him soft, chewy, chocolate sandwich cookies, half with coffee cream filling the the rest with mint filling (I was tickled to find the recipe because he loves coffee and mint-- he actually grew up on a tea/ mint farm, no joke). Then after that I'm going to make Brianna's Chocolate Chip Pound Cake.

Those are probably my favorites, but I also love sightseeing (especially everytime we move to a new place), doing anything crafty, taking Buddy out and about, decorating the house, taking lots of pictures, and watching tv/ movies with E. I'd love to learn how to crochet/ knit. I want to garden when we get settled down a little more (I see lots of tomatoes, green beans, and onions in my future next summer, haha), and I'd also like for E to teach me to golf... someday, although I have a feeling that I'll hate it.

Lastly, yesterday marked six months of marriage for E and me. There are many things in our relationship that are important to us, one being respect. I have nothing but the utmost respect for my husband, and he shows that same respect for me. So what I don't understand is how a wife can let her husband be disrespectful to her, and vice versa. I'm talking about name calling. I heard a guy call his wife a bitch in public the other day. Who does that?! Obviously someone who has self esteem issues and remedies them by trying to make others feel bad. To me, marriage should be about building the other person up, not tearing him or her down. It just made me so thankful that I'm married to someone who isn't a douche and who doesn't have compensation issues, if you know what I mean. I mean, I don't think people should be walking around with sticks up their rear ends, but I do think it's important for people to behave like ladies and gentlemen. Please tell me I'm not the only one who still feels like this....

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I love to read and cook as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can we please get stationed together so that you can do all of my scrapbooking for me :) I have all the stuff, want to enjoy it, but I have to face the fact, I am not a scrapbooker!

    I feel you on the garden! I'm excited to move again so I can start a garden, something I couldn't do at all this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i LOVE baking too. i totally forgot about that when i was making my list. scrapbooking seems like so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. reading, baking, scrapbooking - yep, me too!!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading and cooking/baking, too! I have only done a little bit of scrapbooking, although I would like to do more in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank You for the sweet comment!!!

    I LOVE that you have pictures of your military man all over your super cute blog :)

    I have kind of dipped around in scrapbooking, I mainly used scrapbook supplies in high school for projects and presentations. My boyfriend wants me to make a scrapbook for us. Our first date, our trips (Niagra Falls, Alamo @ San Antonio, Lubbuck, etc) and then of course our pictures from his bootcamp graduation. He really wants me to make one for us so you will have to post ideas and pictures of yours (please :D) so I know where to start haha.

    that is so awesome that you love cooking!!!!!

    I'm going to go check out your cooking blog right now :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Our lists are very similar! I wish I had more time to read.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you so much for the comment you left me! It made my day! My blog is new, so I don't have many readers and I just love new visitors!

    I have so much respect for the military and their wives. Be sure to tell your husband how much we appreciate him- and you! My dad was in the Army, so it has a special place in my heart :)

    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete