.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

06 October 2009

Fall Into Reading

I've decided to change up my list a bit. Books that are being scratched from the list are in red, while new additions will be in green. 11/3
{click on the picture to visit the site}

Katrina at Callapidder Days is doing a fall-time reading challenge, where you list the books you want to read during the season of fall, and share your list/ book reviews with others. I think this would be good for me. :) When I was little, I could read ten of the classic Nancy Drew books in one week, no joke. Now I struggle to read one book on more than one week... that needs to change. I have only ten weeks left in the challenge, as I started late, so I'm going to list thirteen books and see how I do. I don't want to list too many and then feel bad if I don't read them all, haha... so I'll only list twelve and add onto the list if I need to.

Without further ado, here's my list:

Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame-Smith (yes, I am still reading this...)

Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan (It's Oprah's new book club book)

♥ Devil in the White City by Erik Larson

I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell by Max Tucker (E has been reading this book and it literally makes him laugh out loud)

The Violent Bear it Away by Flannery O'Connor

Never Have Your Dog Stuffed: and Other Things I've Learned by Alan Alda

The Road by Cormac McCarthy

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

Dead Until Dark by Charlaine Harris

Going Overboard by Sarah Smiley

The following are books that I've picked up and didn't finish...

♥ Wicked by Gregory Maguire

♥ The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie (no, this is not a book about Satan... or verses)

Marie Antoinette: The Journey by Antonia Fraser

The Monster of Florence by Douglas Preston and Mario Spezi

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

The Pillars of the Earth by Ken Follett

Girl With a Pearl Earring by Tracy Chevalier

Push by Sapphire

Cleaving by Julie Powell

The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society

Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides


Goodness, I feel like that's a crazy, somewhat incoherent list of books to read. We'll see! :)

Photobucket


2 comments:

  1. I read "Going overboard". I almost put it down a few times, it wasn't a great read, but it was failry good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohh I love this list. And I hope they serve beer in hell is HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete