.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

10 October 2009

The Desert Museum

E and I went to Tucson and to The Desert Musuem yesterday and had a blast! The drive from the city to the museum is absolutely lovely-- I loved the mountains, rolling hills and all of the cacti and other plants.







{the Saguaro cactus takes about seven years to grow roughly 10 inches or so, so one can imagine how old this bad boy is. this wasn't even one of the biggest ones we saw, either-- i think they're lovely!}

We had lunch at In N Out, did some shopping, nearly got hit by some lady who was driving all over the road, went to the museum and then headed back to the city to eat dinner at The Macaroni Grill. I had Carmela's Grilled Rigatoni and it was absolutely wonderful! I've already found a copycat recipe and will be trying it soon, haha! By the time we got back to Sierra Vista, we were both worn out. Then E kept making wrong turns so it took us even longer to get home, haha! Buddy was happy to see us until I gave him his new toy (we bought a carrot chew toy for him) and then he ran off to play with it and didn't care about us anymore, haha... oh well, we know that deep, down inside that he loves us. Well... we think he does....
Anyway, we haven't done a thing all day, and it's been wonderful. We've decided not to go buy pumpkins tomorrow, but we're going to have the oil in my car changed and go have lunch at Big Nose Kate's in Tombstone instead. I hope everyone else is having a great weekend! :0)

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Wow. I lived right out side Tucson for 5years when I was younger. Seeing your pics brought back so many memories. Very pretty.

    Also I'm glad that you got some much needed fun time with your hubby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am SO jealous! I love the Mac. grill!!! That's my favorite restaurant! And I love cactus' so the fact that you saw the huge one makes me green with envy! Glad you had an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete