.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

17 September 2009

September 17th

Two years ago today, the best thing that could have ever happened to me...

...did.

He came into my life:

Sept. 17, 2007 was the day my life changed forever. I don't know what I ever did to deserve him, but it must have been something good! I ended up falling in love with E the first time I heard him laugh. I tried really hard not to fall so fast, but there was, and still is, just something about him. He is the best person I had ever met. E has such a good head on his shoulders, good morals, and a great work ethic. I am always so amazed by his intelligence and humilitly, and although no tough Army guy likes to be be described in this way, I think he's just so stinkin' sweet! (Sorry, E) :) Before him, I always thought that I'd either never find anyone, or end up settling for someone I didn't really love. I had nearly given up on finding someone, and then here he comes on that Abrams tank to sweep me off my feet.

{my Knight in not-so-shiny Armor. He hates when I say that, haha}

Anyway, a month and three days later, we were a couple. (That's another story, though. Ha!) Four days after that, he deployed. No, I'm not joking. The night before, he cheered me up by singing "The Dog Face Soldier" song, (so maybe that's 'our song'? ha!)and he's been taking care of me ever since. The day he was deployed was also the day he told me he that loved me for the first time. He came home for R&R in January and asked me to be his wife, (we didn't waste any time, eh?), and he returned to Iraq for eleven more months (he had a super early leave). During the very beginning of our relationship, I would call E "Sunshine" and he'd call me "Sweetness." He once told me that it was fitting, because he needed a little sweetness to be less bitter and I would need some sunshine to get over a few gray days. I always thought that was sweet. :) He is still the sunshine of my life (cue Stevie Wonder) and when we bought his wedding band, I had "You Are My Sunshine" engraved on the inside, although I jokingly told him that I had "put it back on" engraved on it, ha!

Now here we are two years later. We've almost been married for six months. We've survived one loooong deployment, redeployment, one military ball, about a million 'Hail and Farewells', our wedding, a PCS move across the country and about half of his CCC course. We have had one addition to our little family, Buddy, and are trying to add another family member, of the two-legged variety, soon.

I consider myself amazingly lucky to have E in my life. I'm so blessed to be married to my one true love, best friend and hero. How lucky is that? How many women can say that they married their hero and really mean it? I am just so proud of him and am fortunate to be married to the greatest man I've ever known. :)

Oh goodness, I'm gushing. I still have such a huge crush on my husband-- I love him so!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. This blog post seriously made me smile! Awwww I'm so happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww!! The "Sunshine" and "Sweetness" part is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha wow,yall wasted no time! Happy anniversary :)

    ReplyDelete