.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

21 September 2009

Menu Monday

E and I used to be so good about sitting down on Sunday afternoons to plan out our meals for the next week, and then we'd make our way to the grocery store together to get what we needed. With all of the stress of the wedding and our huge PCS move, we kind of got off track. Now I'm ususally the one who plans our meals and I go to the commissary by myself. E has been a few times with me, and it's SO funny to see the look on his face because that place is always so wild. He can handle a combat zone, but the commissary is another story, ha!

Monday: Baked Spaghetti with Meat Sauce. I will usually omit meat from a recipe whenever I can, but E is definitely a meat and potatoes kind of guy, so I'm going to be the sweet wife I am, and add some turkey burger to my sauce.

Tuesday: Herb-Roasted Chicken Breasts-- this is one of my favorite meals, it's so easy and simple and yet so flavorful.

Wednesday: Jambalaya with Smoked Turkey Sausage

Thursday: Sloppy Joes-- it's one of E's favorite meals... and a shoutout to grade school, ha!

Friday: Mexican Rice with Corn

Saturday: Grilled Pizza-- it's a good weekend treat. :)

Sunday: Soup and Sandwiches-- either tomato with grilled cheese, or potato with turkey bacon.

So, let's see if I can stick to this! :)

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. I also try to omit the meat out of meals a lot! I like using ground turkey and chicken though. I am also making spaghetti tonight!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. The hardest part of meal planning for me is actually sitting down and forcing myself to do it! I love when others share recipes/menu ideas, it really helps to inspire me!

    We also love Jambalaya over here!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ok...so go ahead and save me a seat for Tuesday night. I'm also gonna need a few napkins because when I get excited about food I try to get eat it as fast as I can. K thanks!

    ReplyDelete