.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

01 September 2009

I've always wondered if I'd be a good mother. I never knew if I "had it in me"--you know, the maternal instinct-- to be a good mom. Well, I don't think I have to worry anymore. I took Buddy to the vet today and got so overwhelmed because they were messing with my baby. They keep telling me that he needs to be neutered. E and I originally decided not to have him fixed, but now I'm not sure. They always treat me like I'm stupid, too-- I think I'm just going to start requesting which vet I'd like to be seen by. We've seen a different vet. each time we've gone, and I've only been impressed with one of them. Their staff is very nice though, and I like that we can have Buddy groomed there too.

I bought a year's worth of heartworm meds and gave him the first one today. It was as easy as dropping the pill on the floor and making sure that he saw me drop it. He, of course, ran and grabbed it right up since he thought it was something he wasn't supposed to have. I guess there are advantages of having a rotten puppy. Speaking of rotten puppy, there were business cards for a Dog Trainer/ Instructor at the front desk and I picked one up. The place is called Paw State U-- how cute is that? The Puppy 101 classes start in a little over a month and last for five weeks. I'd really like to take Buddy-- I love him so much and want him to be a good, well-trained pooch.

Lastly, no park for us yet, unfortunately. Buddy is two weeks too young to get two of the shots he was supposed to get today, so we have to wait another two weeks to venture out to the parks. They advised us to keep him away from other dogs (and their waste-- ewww) until he gets all of his shots. The vet. tech asked me if Buddy spent a lot of time outside and said if he did that they recommend a rattle snake vaccination, as there have been two cases of this in the past week here. Eeeek! E and I watched this show on the Discovery or NatGeo channel (I can't remember which) that was about the top ten deadly animals (or something like that) and too many of them were in this area. I'm a big-time scaredy cat and I don't like having him outside too much because it's too hot and I'm so afraid that he'll find a scorpion, or even worse, a rattle snake. Eek!

Buddy is taking a nap (he always takes a nice, long nap after going to the vet) and I think I will too. I was having such a hard time sleeping last night and am tired...

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Don't worry, doctors treat you like your dumb when you have babies also! I had a doctor treating me like an idiot about a Denver II test they do on young children...until I not so nicely told him that I was certified to give the test...haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, glad the puppy is doing well post-vet. Having worked at a vet's office in the past, I can tell you that you're being a fantastic mom by getting the heartworm meds and vaccinations, they're not cheap but they need them for a reason! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, I'm glad that he took his meds that easy! I hope he's ok out there playing and no snakes come around...ekkkk!!!

    ReplyDelete