.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

02 September 2009

I still remember the joy I felt in my heart when E called me for the last time on his way home from Iraq. I didn't know where he was-- so far I had gotten calls from Kuwait and then Germany, but I had no idea where my Sunshine was then. My heart flip flopped when he told me he was in Bangor, Maine!

Today, while perusing Facebook, I saw that the USO had posted this and I wanted to share:

Photobucket

{click on poster to visit the website}

I'd be lying if I said the trailer didn't make me tear up a little bit.

One of the greeters gave E this coin:

Photobucket

It's really nice to know that people care, especially when it seems like more people than not just do not seem to care at all. I've already added the movie to my Netflix queue, although the movie won't be released until the end of the year.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. C has never gone through Maine to get to the Middle East, but I think it's great that this organization is out there. Thanks for the movie, I will add it to my movies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Thanks for sharing. That reminds me of a man close to my family -- he is a Vietnam Vet and he would sit and tell us stories for hours. One of the stories he told us was about his homecoming from war.. people would spit on them, throw things at them, and call them killers. He would fight back tears when he would talk about it. So now he makes sure he shakes hands with every soldier he meets, and let's them know that they are appreciated.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've heard about this before! I bet that movie is going to be really good!

    ReplyDelete