.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

18 September 2009

I Heart Books

For some reason, this part of Arizona is on Pacific time rather than Mountain, as it should be. There are advantages to this, one being that I found out what Oprah's new book for her book club was three hours before the show airs here. She chose Say You're One of Them by Uwem Akpan. Now I don't have to sit through her interview with Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon (ugh) just to find out what the book is. I will be watching on Monday, though, because she's doing a flashback to the 60s and is having cast members from Mad Men on!

Speaking of her book club, E and I saw a preview for The Road when we watched Inglourious Basterds. The preview looked so interesting that I added the book to my never-ending reading list. I love books and E loves movies, so when one puts the two together, it's a match made in heaven, ha!

We also saw a preview for The Lovely Bones, which I read in high school. It was a really good book! Lucky for me, again, E loves going to the movies so I know I'll get to see these two when they come out.

Lastly, I found this article explaining football while looking up that book on Oprah's website. I like watching football, but I don't understand what's going on all the time, haha! Maybe I'll be nice and read it so I can stop being so annoying while E is trying to watch a game.

p.s. I didn't forget about the blog award, Jennifer. I'll post soon, I promise! :o)

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Speaking of books. I finished Strip City...seriously skip it. It's the worst book EVER.

    I didn't know about Mad Men being oprah! I'll have to catch it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see The Lovely Bones! I never read the book but the preview looks awesome

    ReplyDelete