.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

07 September 2009

Friend Makin' Monday: Favorite Things about Fall

Photobucket


This weeks Makin' Friends Monday theme is "Favorite Things about Fall." Since I'm missing out this year (maybe. I never know, AZ might surprise me), I decided to do it. I might cheat a do a few of the past ones too!
I LOVE fall time in Ohio. I love how crisp the air feels and the days where the skies are as blue as can be without a cloud in sight:

Photobucket

I LOVE when the leaves change color:

Photobucket

{All of these pictures were found on flickr and they happen to be taken in areas very close to my hometown. The second picture is Murphin Ridge Inn-- my Dad did some carpentry work there in the 90s. I've never actually been to the restaurant, but I've heard that it's super nice-- maybe E and I will have to go someday :)}

Although I do not like Pumpkin Pie, I love most everything else with pumpkin in it.

Photobucket

And all things apple. My parents would always take us to Hirsch Fruit Farm, and Renick's Family Market was always a special treat.

Photobucket

There is also a festival in my hometown that usually marks the beginning of fall that I always loved. It also happened to be a great place to meet up with friends that you haven't seen in a long time. I'd always buy a freshly made corndog and lemon shakeup. E has never had a lemon shakeup though, so I'll have to find out how to make them. I love when the weather starts getting cooler and I can finally wear jackets and sweaters... I LOVE jackets and sweaters and I can't wait to wear mine again. So yeah, I think fall is my favorite time of year, haha!

Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Visiting from Amber's Friend Makin Monday!

    Love your blog and look forward to reading more. I'm from Ohio too, Cleveland area actually. I like your Fall choices!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from FMM. You have a pretty blog and love your photos for Fall Favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the header, so beautiful.
    I also do not like pumpkin pie but I love pumpkin roll. Usually we have a tree loaded with apples but this year we had a late freeze so we have 5 apples on the entire tree. Looks like we will be buying apples this year.
    Happy FMM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Apples are very yummy this time of year, I agree!! Have a great Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the Friend Makin Monday idea! I think I'll have to start participating!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sounds like my list. HEE HEE

    beautiful pics!

    The Buzz,
    Brandy
    p.s. swing by and come enter some giveaways going on also. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list! There is nothing like crisp air...especially right after it rains. Happy Monday :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha I've seen the barn with the dates before- i think on the way to columbus?

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so ready for the leaves to change!!!

    ReplyDelete