.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

24 August 2009

WWJD?

Photobucket

It looks like E and I might be going to a Halloween party that we'll have to dress up for. I keep teasing him by saying that he should dress up like a carrot so that I can buy a pair of bunny ears to dress buddy up with. After watching this video, however, I'm not sure if it's such a good idea. So my wonderful carrot idea is a no go. E says that he wants to dress up like Pee Wee Herman, haha. Since I already think that I am June Cleaver, I thought I could dress up like her for Halloween. (this is a big thing for me, I haven't dressed up for Halloween since grade school).
I found this dress and thought it was cute:

Photobucket

I also looked up old, vintage aprons on ebay and found some nice ones. I was, however, kind of disappointed that every other listing was for trashy lingerie, haha.
I'm also going to buy some fake pearls-- there's no way that I'm wearing my real pearls to some Army Halloween party where I know at least a few people will get trashed. E bought me a strand of pearls and a pair of pearl earrings as a wedding gift and I'd really be upset if anything happened to them, so they're going to be set aside for classier occasions.

I need to make more hummingbird nectar even though I just made some a few days ago. There were about ten birds swarming my little feeder yesterday... they are surprisingly aggressive. I really need to go buy another feeder, or two, just so they'll stop being so territorial. I hear them squawking and fighting all day, so maybe that would make me less afraid to step out on the back porch, haha. It really does look like a scene from the movie The Birds out there....
{notice that I took this picture from behind the safety of the screen door}

Lastly, here is my Egg Roll recipe for Karren, and anyone else who'd like it.
I really want to try Avocado Egg Rolls soon and will share that if I do. I've had them at the Cheesecake Factory a couple of times and they're so good! Great...now I'm hungry.

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. I love your idea of being June Cleaver for Halloween. That dress is very cute and I think it would perfect with an apron & pearls!

    Thanks for the recipe! I will have to let you know how it turns out ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Halloween parties and dressing up! I think those costume ideas are great! BTW love the new layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can not wait to try your eggroll recipe!! Looks wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete