.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

23 August 2009

Tucson Was Too Fun/ My Husband is a Birkenstock Wearin' Hippie.

E and I had a blast yesterday! We made it to Tucson safely and the first thing I did was get us lost. I make a horrible, horrible JC (Jetta Commander, haha). We eventually made it to our first destination, and we realized that everywhere we wanted to go was on the same street-- lucky us! Our first stop was In & Out Burger. The place was wildly busy, but totally worth the wait. Then we headed off to Barnes and Noble where my sweetheart bought me The Devil in the White City by Erik Larson.
Photobucket
{My mentor, and favorite professor, in college read and loved it, so it should be a good read.}

I also picked up Pride and Prejudice and Zombies by Jane Austen and Seth Grahame Smith. {don't worry. I'm not a zombie-loving emo. kid-- it just looks interesting to me}

Photobucket

E bought I Hope They Serve Beer in Hell, by Tucker Max. An OBC friend of his read it and would crack up laughing while reading it, so E knew he'd like it too, although he said it would probably piss me off severely if I read it. That made me want to read it! haha! We'll see....
Photobucket
We stopped by Best Buy (E's happy place) to buy ink, and my sweetheart proved once again that he's my hero. We were looking at dvds and I saw that they had the first season of Mad Men on sale, but there were none on the shelf :o( E, however, looked at the other displays and he found one for me! Now I don't have to wait for Netflix to send the discs to me one at a time! What a sweet guy!

Photobucket

{E and I are so addicted to this show!}
Lastly, E bought a pair of Birkenstock sandals. He's a runner, so I'm glad he bought a pair that would be better for his feet. I always knew that deep, down inside my man is a hippie.
We didn't end up going to Main Gate Square, but that's okay. We were both ready to come home, but I'll talk about that tomorrow. And it's not like we won't make another trip into the city. It really is such a lovely city-- I can't wait to be able to just wander around so we can take pictures. On our way home, we ate at Gracie's Station and it was so good! Their dinner rolls were so good that I had to ask the waitress how to make them, ha! She was nice, though, and told me how. It was surprisingly simple... :o)
Anyway... we had a good time and it was wonderful spending the day with my sweetheart :o)
It's back to the grind tomorrow....
E's making me use my English major skills to proof read a paper he wrote-- it's good to know my degree is being put to use, I guess.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you had such a wonderful day together! you'll have to let everyone know if those books are good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read Devil in the White City...very interesting! C read the Tucker Max book, and talked about it forever. I thought it sounded really stupid, but one day I opened it up (secretly of course)and found myself laughing at some of the stories!

    ReplyDelete