.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

06 August 2009

Show Us Your Life: Wedding Reception and Honeymoon

Kelly's theme this week is your wedding reception and honeymoon, so here you go :o)

Reception:
E and I had our wedding reception at Club Stewart on Fort Stewart. It was nice because it was so close to the chapel, and we had them cater as well, so it was just that much easier on me. :o)


Our cake:
We decided on a marble cake with canoli filling-- it was delicious! I didn't want a traditional cake topper or flowers, so I chose this mirrored initials for the top. I thought it turned out nice.

Walking into the reception:
(by this time, my shoes were long gone, haha)

Our first dance:
We danced to "God Only Knows" by the Beach Boys.

Father/ Daughter dance:

Mother/ Son dance:
My favorite:
This isn't a very good picture, but it was the best one I could find that showed the tables. I named each table according the the Army's phonetic alphabet (alpha, bravo, charlie...). E did the calligraphy on our place cards. I made the table number things by using scrapbook paper and circles that I bought from Michael's. I pretty much did everything for our wedding by myself and by hand. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it! This picture doesn't do my hard work any justice at all, by the way. To see a better picture(s) click here.

Honeymoon:
Although E and I didn't technically have a honeymoon (the Army said we had to PCS instead....), we did stay in a Bed and Breakfast in downtown Savannah on our wedding night. It was nice for just the two of us to get away. The next morning we woke up, had breakfast, and took a walk through the park across the street. After that, we met up with our families and headed to Tybee Island! It was definitely a good time!


The park:
Savannah is gorgeous! I'll have to post more pictures sometime.


-b

3 comments:

  1. you are so cute by the way! and good job on making your wedding stuff, I wish i would have done more but I don't think it would have turned out nice like yours lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, great pictures! I can't believe you did everything by hand. I'm sure it took forever!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We basically did the same thing as you on your Honeymoon, except we were in Charleston! It's amazing how many other military wives had the same experience!

    ReplyDelete