.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

17 August 2009

Not Me Monday


I read Megan's blog today, and thought I would do "Not Me Monday," too. {by the way, these were my exact thoughts a week or so ago when I went to a spouses' meeting about upcoming assignments}

So... I may or may not go through periods where I develop a sick obsession for something. For example, during the summer after I graduated college, I was obsessed with Marie Antoinette. It started with the movie.... I was drawn in by the clothes, shoes, and all of those beautiful, sugary sweets. I'm a sucker for something historical, too, so that didn't help.

Photobucket

My obsession started with the movie and then went from there to the soundtrack. It's amazing! Sophia Coppola always has movies with really great music in them, though. Then I moved on from there to the book that the movie is based on, Marie Antoinette: The Journey, by Antonia Fraser.

I loved the movie so much that I made E watch it with me on midtour leave. We happened to be statying at The Davenport in Spokane, WA at the time, which was quite appropriate since one of the ball rooms there is named "The Marie Antoinette Room." {they offer a great military discount, by the way.} Midtour leave, however, ended my little obsession. There's a part of the movie where her man mistress/ soldier man, Count Fersen, leaves for war and it just got to the point where I couldn't watch the movie anymore because of that part.

Photobucket

Now.... I fear I am developing an obsession for Julie and Julia.... I sweet talked my sweetheart into taking me to see it on Saturday and I loved it! I had already read Julie and Julia, and I bought Julia Child's book, My Life in France today. I've even hunted down Julie Powell's blog.... The Julie/ Julia Project. The movie made me laugh, cry, and look at my husband like I was a lovesick teenager. My mom would always sing a song to me when I was little, and now I sing it to E and Buddy. I guess E thought I was just being silly but they played to song in the movie! Haha! Now he knows that it's actually a song and that I'm not just crazy. The song is "I Love You a Bushel and a Peck," by the way. I was so inspired by the movie that I came home and made Hamburger Helper for dinner (with turkey burger)-- I wish I was joking.... I will definitely, however, be making Boeuf Bourgignon in the near future (I think any of the other recipes would make me sick, especially aspic). This all makes me want to throw a dinner party very badly! :o)

Photobucket

Lastly, I like to read the book before I see the movie, and I was more than pleased with the movie. I'm really glad that they didn't ruin the movie.

So, this is my new obsession. Pray for my husband-- he's going to get more than his fair share of Julie and Julia....

Photobucket

p.s. I made this (the salsa) and this (sans sticks) for E this weekend. Lucky boy :o)

2 comments:

  1. I've been meaning to try out Kelly's Salsa! Was it any good?

    I'm glad to know that I am not the only one who felt this way about assignments! Our options look like they are going to be Bragg, Campbell, Carson, Stewart, Benning, Riley, and Drum. We were just at Campbell for two deployments so we would prefer not to go back there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm gonna have to watch that movie. I've been wanting to see it and since I love period movies. I think it'll be right up my alley.

    ReplyDelete