.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

05 August 2009

I ♥ a Man in Uniform

And I'm not just talking about this guy either ;o)

Although I love E lots and lots, I'm talking about Lily Burana's book, I Love a Man in Uniform. I finished it up last night and I must say that I loved it. Burana is an ex-stripper turned Army Officer's Wife. Some of the book will be familiar to all Army wives, but not enough to make to make it boring and just another "Army Wife" book.


I don't want to spoil the book for anyone else who wants to read it, but would like to include one of my favorite parts:

There's a saying about being married to a soldier: "The Army is the wife, you're the mistress." I've worked so hard to get comfortable with the role of wife that I refuse to cede the title, even in jest. And let's face it: I wash the socks, therefore I am the wife. I prefer to say, "I'm the wife, the Army is my husband's bossy mutant conjoined twin."

I was telling E about the book and he remembered reading an article in the Army Times, so I went through them until I found it. It's from the July 13, 2009 copy. It should be large enough to read if you click on the picture.

More info here:
Lily Burana's Website
Operation Bombshell

until next time, b [or she who also ♥ a man in uniform :o)]


4 comments:

  1. Have you read her first book? I'm thinking about getting it but I don't know if it's good or not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't read it yet, but I want to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always joke around with flyboy that at least I know who his mistress is... and we get a paycheck from her! : ) he tends not to find it funny. I think I'm hiliarious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. that IS hilarious! hahaha!

    ReplyDelete