.

It's about love, it's about compassion, it's about kindness, and faith. It has nothing to do with luck. You get what you give…

So give good.

30 July 2009

Show Us Your Life: Wedding Party and Flowers

Isn't Kelly wonderful? I love this idea!

E and I were married at 1:30 in the afternoon on April 4th, 2009. I always wanted to be married in a little, white church, so I fell in love with the Heritage Chapel the very first time I saw it. I also wanted a small wedding-- something very intimate-- just like my parents had. I think we had about 40 people at our wedding at the very most. E and I both had just one person standing up there with us: my best friend and a good friend of his from college. We also had my cousin, Abby, be our flowergirl. We didn't have a ring bearer; honestly, I think it's kinda silly and I've heard WAY too many horror stories about rotten, little boys reeking havoc at weddings. My youngest brother is a music major (lucky me!), so he played the piano at our ceremony. He played "Here Comes the Night," by Rob Thomas; "You Belong to Me," by Jason Wade; and "Love," by John Lennon before the wedding actually started. I walked down the aisle to "Canon in D" by Palchelbel. I was really easy going about the wedding-- none of the little things really mattered to me; what mattered was the man I was going to marry. My hero, and my love :o) I did, however, refuse to walk down the aisle to "Here Comes the Bride." Overdone, much? My brother read Elizabeth Barrett Browning's "Sonnet 43" from Sonnets from the Portuguese. Hey, I majored in English...I had to throw something literary in my wedding ;o) He also read this, which I Loved! We said traditional vows. We considered writing our own, but I was so afraid that I'd cry too much if I read my own, so we decided on traditional vows. After we were pronounced man and wife :o), we walked down the aisle together to "The Army Goes Rolling Along." E didn't want to have the Arch of Sabers, so I had to be creative and throw something very "Army" in there. All and all, it was a good day, but I'm glad it's over! :o) Also, I had this poem in my program. It's one of my absolute favorites and I sent it to E while he was deployed.

♥ My flowergirl, Abby. I kind of had a bow theme at my wedding. I loved her earrings!
♥ Our wedding party. My wedding colors were black and white (obviously), with ivory and pink accents.


♥ My dad walking me down the aisle. Every man in our wedding party is a war veteran.
♥ My mom made this for me. I LOVE roses and chose silk flowers instead of real ones. There are little pearl accents, as well as black feathers spread throughout. I also carried a handkerchief that my Aunt Mariko gave me years ago. I borrowed a bracelet from my mom. My "something new" was the wedding jewelry E bought me-- a pearl necklace and earrings. I had a piece of my mom's wedding dress pinned under my skirt as my "something old." I also had a 3ID patch that E had sent to me before he deployed pinned underneath my skirt as my "something blue."
Hmmm, I don't think I forgot anything...haha! It really was the best day of my life-- I am truly blessed to have someone like E in my life and I thank God for him everyday :o)

Love, B

4 comments:

  1. Very pretty wedding! I love your bouquet. You can keep it forever! Smart choice with the flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, that's great. I loved hearing the story of your wedding! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. very cool! Love your blog it is so cute!

    ReplyDelete